Thursday, August 29, 2013

Makeup, when it all began

Most young girls out there are transitioning into that awkward pre-teen stage when everything starts to change and you're just not quite sure why yet. Yeah, I was there and believe me, it gets easier. I call this moment in life, the stage of curiosity.

When you start to wonder more about things in life. 
When you start to experiment with different looks.
"Maybe the scene look? How about Hipster?"
When you start to notice each other more. 

When you feel like you might actually have nine lives since you seem to have survived every "that was the death of me" moments. Trust me on this one, acne and bad hair days won't actually kill you. But, sometimes a little extra attention to those problems won't hurt.

Start with a primer to turn your face into a smooth canvas to work on
I'm using Skin Food Peach Sake Pore Serum as my primer because it felts absorb all my oil and keep me matte all day long


A little foundation to even out your color

 I'm using an ELF Powder Brush from their Studio line to buff in my Clinque's Stay Matte foundation in the shade 19 Sand


A dab of concealer to give those problems spots some extra camouflage 
I'm blending out the Revlon Photoready Concealer that I applied over my blemishes and under my eyes with my fingertips


A light dusting of powder to ensure a long day of wear
I'm applying Revlon Nearly Naked powder in 030 Medium with an ELF All Purpose Brush all over my face (make sure to tap off any excess)


Some blush to revive your face
I'm using the ELF All Purpose powder brush to apply my Wet n' Wild blush in Heather Silk 
to the apples of my cheeks and blending it upwards towards my temples


Curl those lashes and apply a coat of mascara to instantly make you look awake
I curled my lashes with an ELF lash curler then evenly applied a coat of Covergirl Lash Blast Volume mascara on both my eyes


A layer of lipgloss to give your lips a welcoming feel
I'm applying two coats of L'oreal Lip Stain in Lilac Ever After all over my top and bottom lips


Now take a curling wand to curl your hair and give some bounce and life
I've had this curling wand for so long that the name rubbed off and I'm not even sure how many inches it is, 
but any curling wand (or hot rollers) that you like to use will do


And you're done!
Normally a look like this takes me around 10 minutes to do, but for beginners you might want to give yourself an extra 10-20 minutes on your first few tries to get everything just right

Looks should not control your life, don't be too preoccupied with them. Yes, you should try and look your best at all times but looking presentable is okay as well. Just remember to be yourself. Be confident in who you are because no one else can be as wonderful as you are.

Always remember to always be, simply you.










No comments:

Post a Comment